Sorry, it’s been a long time. Life has gotten away from me lately, and I haven’t had the time or the will to blog. Let me give you a quick recap of my life so far:
1. Summer has officially begun. We took the boat up to the lake two weeks ago and went boating for the first time this weekend. It was a lot of fun.
2. This week Jason and I will have been married for one year (our anniversary is next Sunday). We’re planning on going to Washington, D.C. for our anniversary weekend. Should be lots of fun.
3. Also this week is the last week of school, meaning that on Friday I will no longer be a first-year teacher. Yay! I’m planning on being at Milton again next year, so let’s hope the second year goes a little more smoothly than the first.
4. Last week Jason and I played hosts to my parents. They came up for an extended Memorial Day weekend (Friday-Wednesday) and it was so nice to have them here . . . although it is nice to have our house back to ourselves!
5. Also, in some sad news, yesterday my texted me to tell me that their (our) cat, Harper, died. She was 13 years old and have had some thyroid and muscle issues. But, honestly, I’m a little bit devastated. Jason and I were with his siblings and their significant others stopping at some wineries when I got the text. I finished the wine tasting that I was in the middle of when I got the news, and then immediately proceeded to the car and started crying. Jason and I left early because I wasn’t in the mood for any more wineries. I am not a cat person, but Harper was the first cat we had that I was there for from the beginning. I was 10 years old when we picked her out from the SPCA, and I always joked that we got her for my birthday since it was during my tenth birthday weekend that we got her. I am sure my family is devastated right now as well. My sister was especially close to Harper, so it’s going to be rough couple of days (weeks? months?) for them.
In fact, I am starting to get choked up now so I will just leave it at that. Hopefully I will have time to blog more now that summer is *almost* here and I will have more spare time. Also, I am planning on starting a new project that I’m hoping to launch here in the next few weeks, and I’m excited about that.