I love . . .
- Lying on the couch with my husband watching our favorite television shows (Jon & Kate, Lost, Top Chef) after a long day at work . . . and I especially love it if he tickles my feet.
- When my not-a-lapdog-sized dog tries to sit in my lap.
- The smell of coffee in the morning
- Having a piano in my living room ready to play at any time, at any moment . . . and the fact that it has been my piano since I was six years old
- Bookshelves full of books
- Down comforters and down pillows
- Warm, sixty-degree days in the middle of February – proof that winter will not last forever and that spring will come soon!
- The St. Luke family and going to church every Sunday . . . and the fact that even though my dad is not the pastor anymore there, I can still feel comfortable attending and being involved
- My Complete Collection of Calvin & Hobbes (in three beautiful hardcover books)
- Listening to NPR in the mornings on the way to work
- Tranquil Mint and Eucalyptus Spearmint body wash, lotion, massage oil, hand cream, hand soap . . . okay, basically anything in those scents . . . from B&BW
- Stewie from Family Guy
- My co-workers who keep me sane and let me know I’m not alone
- Pasta, pasta, and more pasta
- Our house that J and I are working more and more at to make a home (and getting our tax return soon will help us with that!)
- Ben Linus from Lost
- Being able to blog about whatever pops into my mind
- Finding more and more ways to be eco-friendly in our everyday lives (and, coincidentally, wallet-friendly too!)
- My family and J’s family
- My friends
These are just some of the wonderful things in my life that I love . . . and no, don’t read anything into the fact that I stuck our family and friends at the end (I save the best for last, of course!). Anyway, it’s a wonderfully positive thing to list what you love, and I urge everyone to do so, on a frequent basis. I think I’m going to try to start working on a list of positives once a week to keep me focused on what’s really important. A blog I just started visiting does this weekly and calls it Grateful Sunday. . . perhaps I will follow suit.
Happy Love Day, everyone! Make every day full of love!